A Small Worm in the Big Apple

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Easter/Passover Weekend

Last Friday, I decided to make a magazine rack with some scraps of plywood and 1x1's I've got lying around from furniture-making. It took a few nails before I realized that it was Good Friday, and there was something inappropriate about driving nails into wood....

Saturday morning, Toby thought it would be neat to try his hand at baking challah. We'd been listening to a CBC Ideas program the night before on "bread" and the bit about challah reminded me of the yummy stuff I'd first tried just a couple of months earlier while visiting Andre and Deb in Vancouver. So Saturday brunch consisted of this Jewish, leavened bread. Toby remarked, "It feels wrong to be baking challah during Passover." To top it all off, we ate it with bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home