A Small Worm in the Big Apple

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

La La La

I haven't been up to much lately. Most of my days consist of writing the course I'll be teaching July and August. In between thinking about sub-basic physics and how to teach it, I've been crafting away. Hurray! I've done a lot of knitting. Sadly, my first sweater's arms are too small, and the yarn is too textured for me to take it apart. Hopefully my next sweater (which I need to knit sleeves for) will work out better. I've also completed a couple of strappy tops, perfect for summer! And a few other smaller things.

Who knew that I could spend so many hours looking at yarn online?! Or at knitting patterns? (Which is odd, since I rarely follow a pattern.) And now that we have a sewing machine, I've been reading about sewing techniques. And after quite a long time, I've gotten back into reading books again. Hurray! As always, I feel as though I haven't enough time for everything. There are art projects I've had brewing in my mind for ages, but haven't realized yet.

So, yes, I can spent lots of time on the internet. Here are some of my favourites:

The Gothamist for my local news

Overheard in New York is rather like a train-wreck: it's disturbing but I can't stop watching! These are supposed actual overheard conversations. Many are unnerving in terms of the self-absorption and snobbery that reaches new levels in this city!

Cute Overload: Everyone needs a dose of cuteness at least a four times a day!

Psypets are virtual pets who do things on their own. It's very cute, and fun to check in (a few times a day for me nowadays) and see what my pets have been up to. And then to pet them and feed them and tidy up my virtual house. Sadly, my psypets probably get more attention than my real-life pet fishies.

And for ultra-geekiness, this is my latest favourite from CheezBurger

Physics and knitting: what a fabulous combination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home